Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Miss earth Lebanon 2010

Meet our lebanese representative for Miss Earth 2010 JIHANE NEHME
Age: 26
Height: 174 cm.
Weight: 52 kilos
Measurements: 85-60-80
Occupation: Reporter
I have a very happy memory of my childhood, playing in my backyard, climbing trees to pluck fruits, going to parks and beaches and enjoying life in general.

Describe your childhood when you were growing up from 8 to 13 years old.
Childhood memories are special for everyone. I have a very happy memory of my childhood and always reminisce it with nostalgia. I was born and brought up in a family which included my mother, father, and my 4 sisters. I have very fond memories of us sisters playing in our backyard, climbing trees to pluck fruits, going to parks and beaches and enjoying life in general. My father was a government servant and my mother a housewife. Of all the memories, one particular memory is very important and it taught me the importance of saving money.

What lessons did you learn from your childhood/growing years?
One summer, my sister was suddenly taken ill. She had to be hospitalized and the doctors advised us that she needed an emergency surgery. The surgery was very costly. My father did not earn a very high salary and it was very difficult for us to raise that amount of money suddenly. Luckily, my father and mother had a habit of saving small amount of money regularly. This money was not touched but kept aside in case of emergencies. This amount turned out to be the exact amount required for the surgery and recuperation of my sister.

I started to save even a little bit from my pocket money. I took to heart the saying, "Little drops of water makes the mighty ocean." Till today, I save money in whatever way I can. My parents have impressed upon us children the importance of saving money and so I do the same.

We were helped by the good habit of saving practiced by my parents. Before this incident, I was a spendthrift and use to spend all of my pocket money.

What makes you proud of your country?
I am Lebanese and Proud.

We are the peaceful warriors, the patriots of the land and we don't need lightning to make diamonds from sand. We have each other and a place to be safe and gloriously free.

While you have a chance, we should love each other more and try enjoying life because it is enjoyable for sure.

What is your environmental advocacy?
Support education, animal rights, production of electric vehicles, care of oceans and rivers.

JIHANE NEHME IN NATIONAL COSTUME - MISS EARTH 2010 CONTEST


0 comments:

Post a Comment